Have JSON schemas stored in the schema repo
For the moment schema are stored in this repo but should be in the
schemas repo in MSON format.
There's schemas all over the place in all kind of formats and we do need to decide how to manage them. I've been working a bit on it, so here are my current thoughts:
- There's a store/schema repo which converts mson -> json with the Gitlab CI. The schema there is more top level and is old.
- The metrics/measurement repo has a clone of the CI process and generates JSON Schema too.
- It's better to store the JSON Schema version of the schemas in couchdb. (I'm already using this in front here )
- It's probably good to store the MSON in Gitlab (this way it can be included/transcluded as markdown in the site as documentation).
- It's probably fine not to have schema versioning now (since we have MSON versioning for now in Gitlab). But I'm not so sure...
- We probably want to have the CI post the JSON Schema to the couch staging.
- We could reuse our timestamped/latest machinery and fetch the latest schema from the frontend.
- There should be considerations with the CI regarding how we manage the validation (could we also fetch this dynamically from the
FYI, I've been working on some tooling for improving the feedback loop between MSON and front-end forms.